DATA PROTECTION - YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to handling your personal information responsibly and protecting your privacy. We hope you will enjoy using the Gower Auto Limited website ("website"), and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our website works, what data we collect from you, how we use it, conditions where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure. By using our website you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
Gower Auto Limited 06771078 takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres, to guidelines published in the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 1998 and the General Data Protection, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018. We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA300083 Gower Auto Limited and are the, data controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information that we collect, why we collect it and how we use it. We obtain information about you when you use our website and we also receive information from you, for example when you are viewing vehicles or making online bookings. We need this information to enable us to provide our online services and where appropriate, our in branch services booked through the website. This section sets out in more detail what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how long we keep your information.
- To make an online Repair booking, we require your name, contact information and vehicle details. This information is required so that we can arrange your booking and notify you if there are any changes to the booking as we are contractually obligated to do so.
- We monitor visitor usage patterns to help us continually improve the site.
- Similarly if you take a courtesy car then we would require your name, contact information, insurance details and a copy of your driver's licence, we will store a copy of this for 6 months, in case of any speeding, parking or any motoring offence that may occur.
- Phone calls may be recorded, and any recorded calls will be retained for a maximum of 6 months and only be used for training and quality purposes and/or to prevent or detect crime.
- If your online enquiry leads you to visit a Gower Auto Limited we use CCTV to monitor all our premises, therefore your image and potentially your vehicle registration will be captured and stored for up to 8 weeks depending on the system used at the branch.
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
Access to Your Information
You may request, at any time, a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you, at no cost. Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold, please contact us by sending a written request to Gower Auto Limited, Bruce Road, Swansea West Industrial Park, FForestfach, Swansea, SA5 4HS or email us at Bodyshop@gowerauto.co.uk
If you wish to have the information the Company holds on your person removed, please request this in writing to Gower Auto Limited, Bruce Road, Swansea West Industrial Park, FForestfach, Swansea, SA5 4HS or email us at Bodyshop@gowerauto.co.uk - as long as your information is not pertinent to the completion of a contract or required for any legal reason it will be removed.
If you are concerned that we are not using your information in accordance with the law, or are not satisfied with our response to a request made above, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access.
Data Storage and Use of Data Outside of the European Economic Area.
We store your data on secure servers inside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Some of our third party contractors are based outside of the EEA however, we have strict control over how and why your data can be accessed. By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your data outside the EEA we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures with the aim that your rights continue to be protected as set out in this policy.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.<
- If Gower Auto Limited or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We work with various third party providers to help us deliver our products and services, and we only disclose your information as far as is necessary to provide the service. However, we have contracts with third party suppliers we will have completed necessary security checks and full due diligence to ensure that your data is kept safe once passed to the third party. All third parties only have the right to use your data to complete an obligation, they do not have marketing rights over your data.
- Your data is used including in the following circumstances; We may contract a data cleansing organisation to ensure all data is accurate and up to date.
Cookies are small text files that websites save locally to your computer, which allow sites to store and use information during your visit.
They can be used to improve your experience when using our website by remembering preferences, so you don't have to keep re-entering your choices when you visit again, and for us to gain an insight in to how our visitors are using our website.
None of the cookies used on our website can be used to identify you personally. They are just used to help make the site better for you the visitor.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, you can visit http://aboutcookies.org/.
As we host our website on a Windows platform, our Microsoft server sets a session cookie to identify different visitor. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
|ASPSESSIONID_||Session cookie deleted when you close your browser.|
Measuring our website usage with Google Analytics
We only use first-party Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics and do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This helps us analyse data about webpage usage and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following first-party cookies:
|_utma_||Random Number||2 years from now|
|_utmb_||Random Number||1 day from now|
|_utmc_||Random Number||When you quit your browser|
|_utmz_||Random Number||6 months from now|
Opting-Out of Third Party Cookies
Some cookies are used/provided by 3rd party sources, whilst i may not be using all of them, here are the links to those sites so that you can choose to opt-out should you wish to:
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about us (or the website or our services) using third party social networking functionality (such as through "share this", "like" or "follow" buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in us, the website and our services among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about us with your friends. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly-available, including through Internet search engines.
Changes to our Privacy & Cookies Policy
Any changes we may make to our privacy & cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.